We want you to know that when you use our organisation you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
OML Belfast Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is 2 Queen’s Quay, Belfast, BT3 9QQ and our registration number is Z6718093. Our Data Protection Lead can be contacted at email@example.com.
All of the information that we hold about you is provided to us by yourself when you seek to use our services.
We will tell you why we need the information and how we will use it.
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so.
The Lawful Bases identified in the GDPR are:
- Consent of the data subject
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- To protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Examples of legitimate interests include:
- Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller;
- Transmission within a group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes;
- Processing necessary to ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access;
- Processing for direct marketing purposes, or to prevent fraud; and
- Reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security.
Our lawful basis is consent of the data subject or performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter a contract and our legitimate interest is processing for direct marketing purposes.
We use your information to:
- Provide goods, services, deliveries, quotations, and information, for example newsletters;
- Process or support payments for goods and services;
- Conduct data analysis, testing, and research (including for product development), and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- Maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services;
- Direct your enquiries to the appropriate customer support staff;
- Investigate and address your concerns;
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, surveys, news, updates and events;
- Process promotions/competitions, including prizes, and send you information about our services and those of our business partners;
- Investigate or address legal proceedings relating to your use of our services/products, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law;
- Make statutory returns as required
We do not use automated decision-making in the processing of your personal data.
We collect and process both personal data and special categories of personal data as defined in the GDPR. This includes:
- Phone number;
- Payment or bank details;
- Date of birth;
- Location details;
- Device IP address and MAC address
- CCTV Images
- Customer correspondence
- Cookies including Facebook and Google Analytics
We may share your personal data with:
- Partners that help us to deliver our goods and services
- Our fellow subsidiaries of the Odyssey Trust Group
- Our legal advisors in the event of a dispute or other legal matter;
- Law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to meet our legal obligations; including authorities requesting information for Covid-19 track and trace purposes;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, refinancing, or acquisition of some or all of our business by another company;
- Any other party where we ask you and you consent to the sharing.
Transfers to third countries and international organisations:
We transfer personal data to the following third countries or international organisations using the identified safeguards because of email marketing purposes.
We retain your personal data white you remain a customer as per our Retention and Disposal Policy. This policy details how long we hold data for and how we dispose of it when it no longer needs to be held. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
- There is an unresolved issue, such as claim or dispute;
- We are legally required to; or
- There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers’ safety and security.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data. For example, you have to be informed about the information we hold and what we use it for, you can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold, you can ask us to stop sending you direct mail, or emails, or in some circumstances ask us to stop processing your details. Finally, if we do something irregular or improper with your personal data you can seek compensation for any distress you are caused or loss you have incurred. You can find out more information from the ICO’s website http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information and this is the organisation that you can complain to if you are unhappy with how we deal with you. You also have the right to erasure.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not charge a fee for a subject access request.
Unsubscribe from Marketing
You may unsubscribe from receiving emails and other messages from our organisation by following the instructions in those messages.
- Validate users;
- For E-commerce tracking;
- Remember user preferences and settings;
- Determine frequency of accessing our content;
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on platforms such as Facebook and Google Analytics; and
- Analyse site visits and trends.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Strictly Necessary Cookies
|OptanonConsent||This cookie is set by the cookie compliance solution from OneTrust. It stores information about the categories of cookies the site uses and whether visitors have given or withdrawn consent for the use of each category. This enables site owners to prevent cookies in each category from being set in the users browser, when consent is not given. The cookie has a normal lifespan of one year, so that returning visitors to the site will have their preferences remembered. It contains no information that can identify the site visitor.||365 Days|
|CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN||This cookie is used by Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic.||Session Cookie|
|CraftSessionId||This cookie name is associated with the Craft web content management system, where is functions as an anonymous session identifier.||Session Cookie|
|AWSALB||AWS ELB application load balancer||7 Days|
|AWSALBCORS||This cookie is managed by AWS and is used for load balancing.||7 Days|
|OptanonAlertBoxClosed||This cookie is set by websites using certain versions of the cookie law compliance solution from OneTrust. It is set after visitors have seen a cookie information notice and in some cases only when they actively close the notice down. It enables the website not to show the message more than once to a user. The cookie has a one year lifespan and contains no personal information.||365 Days|
|_gat||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes._ga||Session Cookie|
|_ga||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners._ga||730 Days|
|_gid||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. This appears to be a new cookie and as of Spring 2017 no information is available from Google. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited._gid||1 Day|
|YSC||YouTube is a Google owned platform for hosting and sharing videos. YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites, which is aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.||Session Cookie|
|test_cookie||This domain is owned by Doubleclick (Google). The main business activity is: Doubleclick is Googles real time bidding advertising exchange||Session Cookie|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||This cookie is used as a unique identifier to track viewing of videos||180 Days|
|CONSENT||YouTube is a Google owned platform for hosting and sharing videos. YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites, which is aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.||5995 Days|
|__cf_bm||This is a CloudFoundry cookie||Session Cookie|
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes that are relevant to you we will notify you of these by email. We will publish the updated Notice on our website.