The GIANT Teddy Toss Returns
The countdown to Christmas is on and our festive home game nights kick off with our annual Teddy Bear Toss game on Saturday 3rd December.
In a year where costs of living are on the rise and many families need a little helping hand, we’re asking fans to kindly buy and bring a brand-new teddy bear (or other gifts as listed below) for local families in need, or those that will be spending time in hospital this Christmas. We're also accepting gifts for Cash for Kids - Mission Christmas.
This Saturday 3 December, your Stena Line Belfast Giants face Manchester Storm at The SSE Arena, Belfast in a Viaplay Elite Ice Hockey League clash. After the Giants score their first goal of the night, fans will be prompted to throw as many stuffed toys onto the ice as possible. In the coming weeks, Giants players will then deliver the toys to the Royal Victoria Hospital and Ulster Hospital, and gifts will also be distributed to charities.
Tossing a teddy? Here's what you need to know:
- It's a Teddy Bear Toss by name, but we will accept any soft toy and other gifts mentioned above, not just bears!
- Please bring your own plastic bag for hygiene purposes and to avoid damage, please ensure you put the soft toy into it.
- Only soft toys are to be tossed onto the ice after the Giants first goal. Other gifts should be dropped off at Door 1 on game night.
- Ideally, soft toys should be suitable for children from birth upwards (please check the label in advance). This means that they can go to the littlest babies, as well as to bigger boys and girls.
- All toys and gifts should be brand new, with the labels left on.
- Remember, as soon as the Giants score their first goal, its over to you to throw your soft toy onto the ice, not before that!
Cash for Kids - Mission Christmas Drop-Off
In addition to the Teddy Toss - we're also appealing for any support you can give in aid of Cash for Kids - Mission Christmas. Any gifts should be dropped off to our stand at DOOR 1 before the game. We're specifically appealing for the following categories:
Babies- Rattles, bath toys, baby books, blankets, socks, hats, teethers, sensory items, baby care products.
Teens- Headphones, speakers, power banks, socks/beanies/clothing (un-sized) hair dryers, hair clippers, make up, footballs/sports equipment, puzzles, and crafts but no aerosol sets please.