The GIANT Teddy Bear Toss is Back!
The countdown to Christmas begins as our festive game night programme kicks off with our annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday 11th December, when your Belfast Giants face the Fife Flyers at home.
In a year where many families need a little helping hand, we’re asking fans to buy and bring a brand-new teddy bear (or soft toy) for local families that will be spending time in hospital this Christmas.
After the Giants score their first goal of the night, fans will be asked to throw as many stuffed toys onto the ice at The SSE Arena as possible. Giants players will deliver the toys to the Royal Victoria Hospital and Ulster Hospital
- It is a Teddy Bear Toss by name, but we will accept any soft toy, not just bears!
- Ideally, soft toys should be suitable for children from birth upwards (please check the label). This means that they can go to the littlest baby, all the way through to bigger boys and girls.
- All teddies and soft toys should be brand new, with the labels left on.
- We cannot accept new or previously loved teddies. This has always been the case but is particularly important due to Covid protocols.
- For hygiene purposes, please ensure you put the soft toy into a clear plastic bag.
- Remember, when the Giants score their first goal, you throw your soft toy onto the ice, not before that!